Who rents a property?
All sorts of people rent their property for various different reasons.
The rental sector is expanding due to financial pressure, high house prices and strict lending criteria. More people are renting now than ever before so demand for rental properties is high.
- Some people rent until they can save for a deposit before purchasing a property.
- Lending criteria is challenging and the market is volatile so people are renting until the current unrest in the market settles.
- People who have sold their current home and their next purchase falls through often rent until they find a suitable alternative purchase.
- Marital breakdown is a sad fact of life and many estranged partners rent.
- Some older individuals who own their home outright sell to release the equity, invest and rent.
- People who relocate to Peterborough for work reasons often rent before buying to test the area.
- Some people require a second home as they own a property elsewhere and need to rent a second property close to their place of work.
- People sometimes rent a property whilst building a new home.
- Our existing Tenants often wait for a suitable property and continue renting with Brookdale as they enjoy the service level we provide.
- Whatever the reason, our strict Tenant profiling and vetting is the same for all Tenants. As demand increases we can be choosier and often have a choice of applicants for good quality properties that we are marketing.
Marital breakdown and loss of employment are the main reasons Tenants fall into arrears with rental payments and this can affect Landlords ability to pay their mortgage. We provide a rental guarantee scheme which is not insurance based and ensures that your rental payments are made on time every time.