There is a great deal of legislation which must be adhered to - and it is always changing
It is commonly misunderstood that falling foul of legislation will impose penalties on the letting agent. Even if you use a letting agent it is actually the Landlord who would be fined for having no gas safety certificate, energy performance certificate or for not registering the Tenant's deposit. It is important that you choose a letting agent who is experienced and who does not cut corners.
Before a tenancy commences we require the following
- An energy performance certificate must be provided for us to market the property (we can organise this for you).
- Your signed management agreement should be with us before we sign the tenancy contract on your behalf.
- A Landlord's gas safety check must be performed before the commencement of the tenancy (we can organise this).
- We require two full sets of keys for the property at least 72 hours before the tenancy commences.
- We require free access to the property at least 48 hours prior to the tenancy. The property must be empty and prepared for the tenancy at this point.
- Any manuals for appliances should be provided to us or left at the property.
- If you are carrying out any work to the property this should be completed at least 72 hours before the commencement of the tenancy.
- Gardens should be tidy and clear of weeds.
The above is not conclusive but our representative can provide more information during the consultation meeting.